My Family and their Food Traditions

I come from good cooks. Good cooks and wonderful food traditions.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Best Ever Banana Bread

I spent a long time looking for a moist, delicious banana bread. When I found this one, I celebrated! It has become a family favorite. You can cut back on the sugar, if you like. Our dear friend Mary makes this and brings it on vacation each summer.


2 ripe medium bananas mashed

2 eggs

1¾ c unsifted all-purpose flour

1½ c sugar

1 c chopped English walnuts

½ c vegetable oil

½ c buttermilk

½ t salt

1 t baking soda

1 t vanilla


Preheat oven to 325°. Grease and flour 9 x 5 loaf pan. Combine all ingredients in large bowl and mix well. Transfer to prepared pan. Bake until top is golden brown and splits slightly, about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Serve warm.

DO NOT DOUBLE

No comments:

Post a Comment